Hello there! Just some thoughts and photos that I would like to share with you guys! Just bear with my anecdotes, or just scroll down to admire the photos. :)
MY FIRST OVERSEAS ASSIGNMENT






CMM ALUMNI DINNER




I was sent to cover the opening of a new boutique hotel by a renowned regional film company. It was really nerve-wrecking because it would be the first time I went so far away without my parents. I went to the chinatown of Melaka, or also known as Jonker area.
I was about to cry as I saw my father disappeared from view as I left in my luxury double decker bus from Concorde Hotel bus stop. I gathered whatever was left of my wits and braved through the trip professionally.
At the end of the trip, I almost cried because I didn't want to leave and go back home. LOL!! It was an all-expenses-paid 2D1N trip. I was working all day, gathering facts, info and jotting down as much observation (colours, descriptions, locations, timings, pricing all at once! so don't think it was a holiday!) on my notebook and memory.
Nonetheless, it was a really good exposure and I enjoyed myself a lot! It needed a different reporting approach and gosh, I really appreciate the experience. Photos, if you will..
Ok, so now I am called an alumnus. I felt extremely entering TP again. I saw HUNDREDS of students who looked way, way younger and fresher than me. Even Xiao Yan, who is deemed to be amongst the 'kid' amongst us, looked weathered amongst these kids. Well, that's what you call 'experienced'.
I am truly grateful for the knowledge and experience I got through my diploma. If I hadn't gone through all those pain, stress, tears and whatnot, I would not have gotten to this stage now. And I wouldn't have had the maturity to be able to think through. The diploma has opened my eyes to my career and path in life.
While some people still are undecided about their future, my experience (short nonetheless) with the field (wouldn't call it 'industry' since it's too microscopic) has made me more sensitive and alert to my future. I know I can never 'shake legs' (goyang kaki) no more and I must seek and be the change I want to see in life, as per Mahatma Gandhi's words.
With those words, I seek out a change, which will be effective tomorrow. As I embark on a new milestone in life tomorrow, I hope God will help me through and instill faith in my heart as I tread the path He has shown me.
Photos of CMM dinner!
Dreams
Such a huge jump from such a 'real' topic above. But I'm really confused with my dreams lately. They seem so real and I found myself waking up once from a nightmare crying (but with no tears! Just the pain and feeling, but with no tears! It's really weird!)
--
The first nightmare was Asri and another kid whom I saw was possessed. Asri wanted to kill me and I begged and pleaded with him not to. I was stronger and definitely could overpower him, but I didn't want to hurt him at all. There were a few of us who were ok and had to face these two menacing demons. He wanted to stab me with a knife, but in one fell swoop, I took out this weapon (which looked grossly like the Asoka aluminium-like tape weapon in the film) and cut off two of his fingers. As I attacked him out of defence, I screamed and cried. Then I woke up, screaming and crying too. SCARY.
The second nightmare (RIGHT AFTER I FELL ASLEEP AFTER THAT NIGHTMARE OK) showed a slimmer me in a hostel room. Then, I heard hurried knocking on my door. I opened a nudge and saw the Guy-Who-Held-My-Hand-in-Photo (you should know who). He desperately wanted to come in and then he raped me in my room! WTF? I screamed and screamed. Then my father broke down my door and Guy-Who-Held-My-Hand-in-Photo denied everything! The best part in that dream was I fking defended Guy-Who-Held-My-Hand-in-Photo. I was crying out of sadness for myself, but I was DEFENDING him. How stupid I was.
--
Dreams can mean a lot, nothing or as a warning. Or it just shows you've been thinking too much. I usually don't take my dreams seriously in my life. But for once, these two dreams set me thinking.
For me now, Guy-Who-Held-My-Hand-in-Photo (below) is out-of-bounds. If he could disrespect me on our first date, God knows what he can do to me. I will never allow a guy to touch me, or worse still hold my hand. Not until we reach the nikah stage, or marriage.
It was really an unpleasant surprise for me, but I took it in my stride and told him not to do it again. If you look at the photo properly, I was struggling to free my hand but he held it in a vice grip. I was nervously smiling for the camera. I will assume that dream as a way of God telling me to steer clear of him. Well, I choose it that it was God's love for me and warning for me to evade him.
Now, to end this blog entry, presenting this sad, sweet song. I love the lyrics!
No comments:
Post a Comment