10.12.10

I listen to this song. He listens to this song. And we are merrily sharing our favourite, and usually same, songs.

One of which is 'Permata untuk Isteri' (Diamonds for Wives), by Koptrasa, which I felt so madly jiwang after listening to it. I imagined someone singing it to me. :)

To me, I think this is a prayer/reminder from husbands to wives on leading this life. It may seem chauvinistic at first glance, because it seems like the husband is instructing the woman this and that.

But at further observation, you can see that it is a subtle way of showing love and the proper etiquette of being a wife. There are some influences of Islam as well, though you can still grasp the meaning literally.



Telah ku siapkan satu daerah paling sunyi
dalam hati ini untuk kau isi
sebagai isteri

Untuk kau penuhi
dengan kemuliaan seorang wanita
untuk kau
dengan kelembutan
untuk kau hargai
dengan kasih sayang

Ku ingin kau jadi wanita mulia
yang tahu harga budi dan hati
seorang lelaki bernama suami

Kerana kau, isteri
ku ingin kau mengerti
bahawa hidup ini
tak semudah yang kita janjikan,
yang kita janjikan
kerana kau, isteriku

Untuk kau penuhi
dengan kemuliaan seorang wanita
untuk kau
dengan kelembutan
untuk kau hargai
dengan kasih sayang

Ku ingin kau jadi wanita mulia
yang tahu harga budi dan hati
seorang lelaki bernama suami

Kerana kau, isteri
ku ingin kau mengerti
bahawa hidup ini
tak semudah yang kita janjikan,
yang kita janjikan
kerana kau, isteriku

==================================

Simple translation by me for non-Malay friends. Definitely, the Malay lyrics are more impactful, as per any other language translations :)

I've prepared a special, silent place
in my heart for you to fulfill
as my wife

For you to fill
with the virtues of a woman
For you to fill
with care
For you to appreciate
with love

I hope for you to be a virtuous woman
who knows the value of the heart and the soul
of a man called the husband.

Because you, my wife,
need you to understand
that life
isn't as easy as promised
that we promised, my wife.

==================================
==================================

Hello again, for those who read this blog. :) It's been quite some time since I last posted yeah. I've been madly writing in my physical diary. The wonders and beauty of writing, the thought process and penning it down in black and white.. Subhanallah, nikmat menulis.

I always feel better after writing a diary entry. They're usually about 4-5 A5 pages long. I never fail to feel relieved, relieved from bubbling anger, raging sadness, too much love, being over the moon, etc. Writing in the diary puts things into perspective and controls me as a person. And I'm free! Free to write whatever I wish. Nobody, no editor, no desker can stop me. I am my own reporter and editor of my life. :)

Sang pendatang
oleh Nurul 'Ain

Sang pendatang berkelana ke mari
berbaju putih kapas, beralas kaki hitam
menerjah liku-liku hidup emrantau,
merungkai nasib dan kisah pilu.

Sang pendatang tercari-cari hala,
tidak berpulang dan tidak berpergi,
kejap tangannya menggenggam
secebis harapan berderai
sekelumit kenangan terhempas.

Sang pendatang mencari sesuap nasi,
tak kira pagi petang, siang malam,
buat anak isteri
di bumi pertiwi.

And now, I leave you with a heartbreaking, jiwang song, OST tearjerker (which I sorely missed the point..) Lagenda Budak Setan film. Do listen to it. Even you, Xiao Yan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment