10.2.11

Colleague, Friend & Confidant-in-One?

Have you ever been in a BGR (Boy-Girl relationship, note: not the normal 'steady' ones, just a relationship, like brother-sister, mum-daughter, relationship), where you're not technically his girlfriend, but a
> girl friend,
> confidant,
> working colleague all together?

Initially, I couldn't accept that I was like that to him. I cried, I moaned, I groaned for a week or so. It broke my heart that after all those nights of endless chatting over the phone and FB chat, he simply didn't see me that way.

But I realised, it's ok. In fact, it's better.

We're not technically together in that sense, but we've talked quite a lot since November and I feel I know him inside out. I know his inclinations, niat, future plans (this was the part that sucked, but I shall not reveal here; those who know, you know what it is), and so on.

We discuss his works (he explains to me, I ask and ask), plan future projects to work together, plan meet-ups to discuss those, him getting my opinion on his works and future options (which to me is a great deal, because he's not that insignificant to begin with).

Oh well, it's funny how a random Facebook add can churn out a full-page package on a local paper, future projects, future stories, tipoffs, discussions. This is what I call a meaningful friendship.

I think it's more of a working relationship. Unsaid, I feel we need each other in our work. He needs my power as a scribe to review and enlighten the public on his work/s, someone who understands his works to talk to whilst I need a referee for my stories, tipoffs, knowledge on certain issues like languages and culture. So, we complement and support each other's endeavours quite a bit.

It's interesting how I learn that there are more than just parent-offspring, boyfriend-girlfriend, sibling-sibling relationships. A good example is the complicated relationship I have as mentioned above.

We're close, but not close. We're together, but we're not. We chat endlessly. He calls me, meets up with me. We're personal, but we're not personal. We're colleagues, but we're not. I argued and fought with him before, and him getting pissed with me and not talking for a week, but we make up and start the nonsense again. He cusses and I laugh.

It's a highly complicated relationship but thank God I'm clear about it.. Anyway, alhamdulillah God made me meet up with him and him to me. It is a win-win relationship. Let's just hope nothing bad ever comes our way and destroy the already complicated relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment