2.7.08

Ok. Hi people! I'm back. Only for a while to update myself and yourselves.

Volunteer Appreciation Day
28th June 2008
1100-1300hrs
Woodlands Regional Library

So, the emceeing went like, a BLAST! I was so nervous the five minutes before I got onstage, I felt like going to the toilet to empty myself of everything. My stomach was somersaulting all over and I had no more perspiration to sweat out. It was that bad. My lips and throat were so dry that no matter how much I drank, they became dry again in a few seconds. WOOH. But when I went onstage, I was okay. I felt okay, but my hands were trembling (I've had too many trembling episodes; I think I have Parkinson's. LOL. Possible you know. Sighz.).

Then, I carried on with the show, spoke like I've never spoke before and smiled like very sincerely and happily. God knows what's happening in my mind back then. I had a blast! I wasn't much of a fashion disaster as per normal days. I was in a formal white top, with this shiny black tudung and black jelly flats (Reshma, kidsREAD coordinator asked me to. Wanted to wear a black vest, would look better, but scared Reshma would kill me. LOL)

The people who I announced the names were like approaching me, during the reception and saying Well Done, Good Job on your emceeing. I'm like, wow, they're strangers but yet they approached me. Some don't approach, but smile at me and nod their heads. I reciprocated. I still remember one Indian lady, Danapakiyam from Bedok CC, who went up to me after taking photos and was like holding my arm (I was still at the rostrum, mind you) and saying "Hey! We missed the MC out! We missed her out." I was so fricking feeling so honoured. Just mere words for some, but the best morale booster for me that day.

And the best thing? The CEO himself, Dr Varaprasad, after I thanked him for giving out the awards (cue for him to get back to his seat), spontaneously walked towards me and shook my hand and said Thanks, thanks so much! I was astounded but said Oh, no problem! It's ok sir! (Sikit punye kelakar aku punye reply) remembered my duty as MC again and resumed.

The food was bloody sedap! OMG! Seriously. I am not joking. I forgot to take down the name of the caterer. Damn it. It was effing delicious! And Reshma ordered doughnuts from Donut Empire and all of us volunteers, especially the kids, HARI RAYA'ed.

OMG. It's an indescribable feeling. I felt extremely happy and satisfied that my practice the last few days and the night before till 4am was well worth my time. Right now, I have found another drug for me, after journalism: being an emcee or Master of Ceremonies.

****
I was so so so so effing tired. I then went to Bishan ITE for the ConnectSingapore project training. Well, well, well. Another reshuffle and now, I am ABIC (Assistant Block IC). I am now handling a 1-km route, and at the Gathering Point (Deyi Secondary). So, I went back to Khatib to take 39, back home. But I was thinking of dropping in on the girls at Ngee Ann (Promotion and Graduation) and meet Aisyah and the Sec 4s, so I did. Effing exhausted now, but I die-die wanted to go. LOL.

I tell you, my calorie count went overboard that day. After the buffet reception at Woodlands, I was langkah kanan to Ngee Ann, where Cikgu had ordered pizzas for the girls. The seafood pizza from Rite Pizza was the bomb. You should try it. (Now, my tummy's rumbling).

And the next day? I had to shoot my PSA at 10am. And some people are just so inconsiderate to claim that me, the director, (my aunt calls me Puan Director! LOL) did not tell them earlier, and keep saying "You should have told us earlier." No apologies either. As far as I remembered, I told these people (note the plural) to keep the day free around 9 FRICKING DAYS AGO.

Well, luckily Syahirah and her brother, Syahiran was there to save my wrecked, zombie-ass. I cried like mad as I was supremely buntu already because of some people. More backing-out melodrama from some other people too, and I had to drag Syahiran in. I have to say this all out to get it out from my system. It's bad for weight loss. And it concerns my principles in life and my stand, as well as your attitudes and commitment for something. My pet peeve is someone, or some people, who never keep their promises for something very important. I was ready to bash the people up. I was ready for anything. I was even ready to accept people who I don't really talk to (with Syahirah's help! Thanks man!). I was that desperate, if you know me. I hate tardiness and I hate people making use of me for their advantage. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment