Wow, am I lucky to have a bapak angkat like Uncle Khalid? Yes, I should not my emotions get the better of me. I have things to look forward to!
I should just let memories there be simply memories, and not as a hindrance to what I may achieve. Let the memories there, both bitter and sweet, be my motivation to move on.
How the heck did I forget about the all-important political science or literature degree that I so wanted to chase since forever, and especially that Pulitzer? Hehe. Ok, maybe not Pulitzer.
How did I get so tangled up in my emotions, that I lost all sense of purpose in life? I should have seen the bigger picture earlier and not waste my time brooding.
I should go out there, chase my degree, chase my masters, get those priceless experiences at wire agencies, or any other akhbars in fact, and then later join back as one of the strongest contenders ever. Yes, that is what I should do.
True, I can get in with a diploma, but the advancement might be slow and even though the workload is the same, the salary will still be 'ceiling'ed and I'll be down to even worse dissatisfaction, making me lose interest. Might as well I battle it all out in the academic field, emerge satisfied and finally join the industry I've always cherished.
And along the way, meet the love of my life too. HAHHA!
But first, I need to complete my internship report first to get a degree yes??
LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment