8.1.08

I have listened and sung to this song and cried many times, but tonite, I have finally felt it as it became what I experience. I was so freaked out when the lyric translation were actually what I posted in my last entry. Freaky. And it so applies now. EXACTLY. Everything. It is supremely freaky. These following song parts are those which have made me cry the hardest ever, for the first time in 2008

Hamesha Tumko Chaaha, Devdas (2002) Credits to the filmmakers and Youtube for lyric translation (Devdas Chapter 17) Watch it on YouTube.

Seas of sorrow rose and stilled her eyes
To sounds of the flute
Her eyes told the tale...

Hamesha tumko chaaha aur chaaha (Always, it was you whom I have loved)
Aur chaaha chaaha chaaha (and I loved, and I loved, and I loved forever)
Hamesha tumko chaaha aur chaaha kuch bhi nahin (Forever I have longed for you as I have longed for nothing else)
Tumhe dil ne hai pooja, pooja, pooja (My heart has worshipped you and worshipped and worshipped)
Aur pooja kuch bhi nahin (and worshipped nothing else)
Na na nahin, na na nahin nahin nahin nahin nahin (never, never, never, never)
Kuch bhi nahin, ho kuch bhi nahin (nothing else, nothing else)
Oh, kuch bhi nahin (nothing else)

Sorrow clouds a joy
shades of anguish darken her

Jo daag tumne mujhko diya (The wound you have left me with)
Us daag se mera chehra khila (only adds to my beauty)
Rakhoongi main isko nishaani banaakar (My wound I will preserve as your mark)
Maathe pe isko hamesha sajaakar (that anoints my forehead)
O preetam, o preetam bin tere mere is jeevan mein (My beloved, without you)
Kuch bhi nahin, nahin, nahin, nahin, nahin (is incomplete and vacuous, empty)
Kuch bhi nahin

Beete lamhon ki yaadein lekar (Carrying memories of moments of past)
Bojhal kadmon se voh chalkar (with burdened steps she walks)
Dil bhi roya aur aankh bhar aayi (her heart cries, her eyes weep)
Mann se aawaaz hai aayi (her heart resonates)

Voh bachpan ki yaadein (Childhood memories)
Voh rishte voh naate voh saawan ke jhoole (of relationships, swinging in the rain)
Voh hasna, voh hasaana, voh roothke phir manaana (smiling, drawing laughter, annoyed being placated)

Hamesha tumko chaaha
aur chaaha chaaha chaaha

Aur chaaha chaaha chaaha (i loved and loved and loved)
Haan chaaha chaaha chaaha
Bas chaaha chaaha chaaha (only loved and loved and loved)
Haan chaaha chaaha chaaha
Aur chaaha chaaha chaaha

(some aprts not included)

Crying is not an option for many. But for me, it is where I let go. I let it all go.

(Genius is Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Sifu. Devdas. Excellent Tragic. Genius is Kavitha Krishnamurthy and Udit Narayan. Intelligent is Ismail Darbar)

No comments:

Post a Comment