It seems our Malay community have nothing BETTER to discuss, haven't it? I guess, we still have a long, long way to go. -________-!! I saw this post on the local Malay weekend paper Facebook page by this lady:
SI POLAN BINTI SI POLAN: sekarang ni musim majlis perkahwinan... memang seronok dapat berkumpul dan berjumpa sanak saudara... tapi jadi kemusykilan kenapa muzik yang dimainkan selalunya mesti terlampau kuat sehinggakan tak dengar sesama sendiri bila nak berbual... satu lagi trend yang saya rasa tak perlu ialah iringan motor berkonvoi. nak iring tu ok lah juga tapi jangan lah terlampau banyak hingga menganggu trafik.. bukan nak suruh senyap seperti ada kematian tapi kalau ya pon berpada pada lah terhadap tetangga... ;)
It translates to: Now's the season for weddings.. It's really fun to be able to get together and meet your relatives.. But what makes me wonder is why the music played must be extremely loud, until we can't hear ourselves conversing with one another... another trend that I feel is not needed is the motorcycle convoy. It's ok if you want to accompany the newlyweds but not too many until it disrupts traffic. I'm not asking them to keep quiet like a funeral, but if you want a convoy, be considerate to neighbours.. ;)
Another One:
SI POLAN BINTI SI POLAN 2L: artikel di BH hari ini mengenai jangan ke masjid jikalau tidak sihat memang saya sokong 100 peratus... bukan saja jangan ke masjid kalau boleh jangan ke sekolah atau kerja atau ke mana mana, selain ke klinik dan terus pulang ke rumah. kalau pun perlu keluar, bawa lah bersama kertas tisu, sapu tangan atau pelitup mulut untuk mengelakkan dari menular kepada orang ramai... ;)
Article (commentary) discussed about not going to the mosque if you're not feeling well. I truly support 100%. Not only the mosque, and if possible, to school or the workplace. Just go to the clinic and back home. If you need to, bring along tissues, handkerchiefs or masks to prevent spreading..
COMPLETE WITH EMOTICONS. DAMN. IT.
-----------------
Oh come on! This motorcycle convoy trend has been going on for years and people still bring it up? Hey come on, the tides, if you noticed have slowly changed.
But my point is, why bring up such a trivial issue? If you can't endure it for one day, then I suggest you buy the first ticket to a far-off island in the Arctics. No point living in a neighbourhood, if you cannot tolerate a day of wedding -_-!
And the sick issue? Isn't that common sense? Seriously, I am damn disappointed. We know already! Sheesh. COME ON! There are far better issues to debate!
Why isn't anyone debating on the issue of
- workforce?
- Job securities?
- Stringent education?
- Job opportunities for us?
- Mother Tongue in schools
- The risks of MLM (multi-level marketing), where more and more Malays are getting involved in! [Check SUTRA magazine June 2010 for details]
Best part: Why isn't anybody damn talking and deliberating over the issues that Malays, who claim their command of the Malay language is bad ("My Malay very bad ah" I hear a kajillion times from a bazookajillion interviewees) and need tuition now? Weirdly, they cannot speak English properly as well!
Damn it. This pisses me off. Come on, you want to speak English, fine, but at least get your grammar, tenses and prepositions correct? It irks me that some people cannot speak Malay properly, but their English has gone to the dogs as well.
Memang dasar tak sedar diri.
Hidung kembang dikira mancung,
mata warna coklat dikira biru,
rambut hitam dikira perang,
lidah sambal belacan dikira fish & chips,
tubuh montel berkebaya mahukan gaun dengan 'train'
rambut bersanggul lintang mahunya perm.
I am grateful that God has blessed me with effective bilingualism. I must say, I am proud to have a strong command of the English language, but I also can spin articles, poetry in beautiful Malay language too.
My point is, (sorry, I went overboard with the language issue; my passion is linguistics) we as a community are not matured yet, despite having faced atrocious adversities, like 'keluarga pincang' and so forth. We rattle on nonsensical, trivial issues, when we have heavy matters involving lives, jobs, money and families at stake.
Just as the Malay idiom goes "Kuman mati di seberang nampak, tapi gajah mati depan mata tiada dilihat." (Something far and unimportant was gushed about, but what happened right in front of your eyes was ignored.)
So my prayers: God, please WAKE this snoozing community. Amin. Oh, and if need to, splash a bucket of cold realisation upon us and our leaders. Amin again. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment