22.5.08

Jonah Victor Dakis Dela Cruz. Wow. CGPA 3.97. Sun Certified Java Programmer. Top IT student. The most pleasant demeanour. The most humble of all. OMG. Is he my hero or what? As Mrs Thomas read out his achievements, his face was damn red. His eyes were glistening. You guys know me well. What did I do, despite sitting in the media area? Yep. MY nose started to feel warm and my eyes sharp with tears. I just had to cry. I felt so overwhelmed with his achievements. And towards the end where he was led a lil further in into the stage, his face was still red. I could see that he was fighting back tears, of happiness of course. And it's graduation day already. Why didn't I know him earlier?? :(

So, I was part of the media, well, the only media that attended the Graduation Day 2008. OMG. I'm so happy. I'm like akaliau withe top students seh. Coz I interviewed them during the press briefing and they remembered me yesterday when I was covering the actual graduation for Stop Press. My second Press Kit, my second time of being treated like a queen by the CorpComms people. Lim Lu Kai, one of the top graduates also and with one of the best and most inspiring stories, waved at me just now when I was Engine canteen. Omg. I feel so honoured that they remembered me. OMG. OMG.

Oh man. I miss journalism modules a lot. Hell a lot. I always feel hurt when people around me complain that journalism is so boring la, it's so no-brainer la. I feel damn hurt. They also say good riddance to journalism lectures and tutorials. Not me. I almost cried at the end of Sem 1.2, when feature writing ended.I was extremely devastated. Mr Selvan is such a bloody good journalist and the knowledge he imparts, is damn priceless. He gives a lot of insights and tips on surviving the world of journalism. How come nobody saw and appreciated that?

I joined Stop Press to tide me over the one year (i.e this year) that I won't be taking journalism. This year is BLOODY PRODUCTION BASED. Boy oh boy, can't wait for Senior year when I can FINALLY specialise in Journalism and Publishing and spend a full semester in JOURNALISM MODULES GALORE!!!!!

Over The Mooooon. Jonah. Lup Peng. Lu Kai. Xi Yun. Mr Yap. Your stories of success will forever be etched in my mind. Forever. Till my last breath in this world. Your stories have inspired me thoroughly, inside out, and they were my passports to enter the world of journalism. Thank you for everything; your time, patience, jokes, fraternity, smiles, laughters. Thank you for allowing me to experience all this. Never will I trade in anything for such a priceless experience. NEVER.

(Ohyeah, just now was the impromptu test for PubSpeak. I got the topic "How do you aim for an A in ..." So I focused on relationships. My classmates did nto expect it. They thought I was gonna talk about some subject. But as I was brainstorming real quick, max of 2 minutes allowed, I thought that relationships were the best to bring up. The class instantly became engaged. Thank you, T04 for granting me such a wonderful audience. Thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment