My first time being treated like a member of the press. Just now, at exactly 9.40am, TP Library Podium. It was the Top Graduates 2008 Award Ceremony. I was shaking with extreme excitement and happiness. I felt like a real journalist. It felt so so so real. Well, it was REAL!!! I really have to thank Ms Ng for letting me go off, even without LOA. Oh God, I so owe her one.
I was given a press kit (found on seats reserved for the media). Press kit!!!!! What was like fantasy, learning about press kits and how to deal with them, in a journalism lecture became true just now. It was freakishly exciting. It was as though my ambition had finally been realised. I felt extremely content. Never mind about other things. If i were to die today, I would have died a very very very happy woman. Seriously. I was shaking with so much happiness and joy that my handheld recorder shook ever so violently.
I was ushered in warmly by the CorpComms officer, Miss Vimala Christie. God Bless her. Nice woman. Helped me a lot.
I was quite frantic because I had no background research on the award winners. I get all panicky when I don't have anything to back my knowledge on. Then, I decided to focus on human interest and human side. People-related. The academic aspects were fully covered by the press kit anyways.
So, my beloved Mrs Mary Thomas was the emcee. Saw Ms Kum too! So surprised. She was invited by Lup Peng, one of the winners for the LKY award. Wooh. The interviews after the whole ceremony went extremely well. Alhamdullilah, by the grace of God, He granted me the spontaneity and the air of calmness to interview subjects properly. Wow. I'm lucky that the awardees were nice people and willing to chat with me.
OMG. I am so happy you know that. I can't stop smiling. They say, a scoop is a journalist's drug, but to me, journalism itself is a drug to me. It made me extremely high and I forgot all my sadness. Truly, my passion: JOURNALISM. I love you, Journalism.
I entered CMM for Journalism and kill me if I ever go into Broadcast or Marketing. SPH Berita Harian, here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment