Adjacent to my block is a Malay wedding now. The kompang and the gamelan was so melodious and catchy. It was pleasing to the ears. I surfed YouTubey and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdMTEuE44Tg Must go watch. I really loved it. This one too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOnFAVCwU5E. Guys will love it definitely. MCPs. But anyway (OMG THIS IS MY FIRST ENTRY HAVING YOUTUBE LINKS!!!), check out this one too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu5O8G4g8y4 The 'correct' Malay wedding way. This should be the way.
The ones with gamelan is Javanese-influenced, so this is the Malay way (BTW, Malays and Javanese are two different racial groups if you don't know, cool right?). A lot of Malay weddings have a hybrid of both, which makes it rather unique and interesting. Check out this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gFYi12I2c
It is where the bride's side will stop the bridegroom's and demand 'payment' to gain access to the bride. Super funny! You guys should have seen my cousins'. My dad, uncles created a havoc! They used forks, spoons, those large circular trays. FUN SIA!! This video's bridegroom is wearing the traditional Javanese outfit. Cool right? Oh, not forgetting the silat pengantin too. It's to show respect for the bride and bridegroom and treat them as royalty for a day. That is why the couple is called "Raja Sehari".
Shoot. Don't get me started on tradition, culture and all this. Cikgu Ariff Ahmad is my idol. DOn't get me started. Hey, you know what, I think I should pursue a degree in Malay Cultural Studies or Malay history! Yeah! But options still open though.
Oh man, each time I see a wedding downstairs I get all emo. I feel so happy for the couple! But today, was worse la. Hahaha. I envisioned my wedding, maybe at a CC, then the gerbang is flowery and velvety, the kompang gamelan is extremely loud and amongst the guests seated and looking at me and my beloved were my girlfriends. Oh heavenly. When is that day I wonder.. HAHHA. Ok, back to cleaning up my room. Sheesh.
Finally check this out (bride's wardrobe malfunction! and super slow, but nice, gamelan): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZqYIfMKbY
I love this one! Good quality! Good everything lah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhbYFADeyM
--
BTW, retail therapy really is the best mood-lifter and happy-mood inducing kind of .. whatever. I just busted ALL of my hari raya money. Yeah, within like a few days, $200 have flown away. But hey, I share the money! I bought a present for my mum's birthday that's why. LOL.
And I treated myself to a new super-love-inducing bag! OMG! I lurvvvvvvvvvvvvve this new bag!!!! I'll post a pix of it later. It's by far one of the most expensive bags I have ever bought for myself: $28.
Yeah, I know. I'm a lil cheapo. I love to buy for others and splurge on my family and friends. I seriously don't mind buying expensive stuff for them. Anytime. Even if it means busting my piggy. But for myself, anything more than $15 is a big No-No. I dunno why leh. I'm like that. Funny, but it's true. That's why sometimes I may look bedraggled or a lil cheap. Coz I am cheap. Ok, wait that sounded wrong. I mean I scringe on myself. I don't indulge myself. HAhahahaha.
Ok, I updated thrice today. I need to go to Bloggers Anonymous, cure me of the craving to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment