Mind you, those are priority seats; i.e only for old people, pregnant women and the disabled. And from my observation, she is NEITHER of those. Before the old man got a seat beside her, there were 3 others sitting with her, all YOUTHS. They just did their stuff like read comic, play DS Lite, without sparing a thought for the three elderly people standing IN FRONT OF THEM. What kind of people are they? My stares at her did not work! She simply looked at me stupidly and SMSed her fingers away. I stared at her, wanting to pierce her conscience. Eh, tak jalan man. I did nto know there are such hard-assed, hardknocked people like her. Hati batu, kepala batu, katak bawah tempurug, (in this case, katak dengar MP3), keras kepala, kuku besi (habis, semua malay peribahasa terpacul).
If I board any bus, I will always give up my seat for the ones who need it more. Not flaunting my deeds, but please, be considerate. For me, I will never sit at the priority seats. Come on man, how long is your bus trip anyway? And I am sure you won't die. I stood from Bukit Timah until Bishan loads of times in buses. I stood from Novena until Pasir Ris in a bus too from work. I stood from Novena to Pasir Ris in MRT too. I did not die. I make sure the people who need seats gets them. And have I DIED by giving up my seat? Nope. Still fit and healthy alhamdullilah (just a little overweight tho, BUT NOT THE POINT HERE).
Would you like it if others don't give up their seats for your grandfather or grandmother and they stumble when the bus brakes at traffic lights because the inconsiderate people don't give up seats for them? I always use that mentality. So, please. Offer your seats, and be considerate. I swear, man, if I see people not giving up seats when priority people board the bus, I am so gonna tell them off. If the driver won't, I will. I believe that what goes around, comes around (what goes up, must come down.. tralala. Ok, AIn, shut UP). PLEASE OFFER YOUR SEATS! If you're with me, my friends, and you don't offer your seats, you'll get it from me. THIS IS A PET PEEVE OF MINE, let me warn you.
--
I am still terkilan that Nana and Achik did not get married to each other. Ok, I know. Basi. Haha. But when I listen to their songs, can't help but feel super sad. They look like pinang dibelah dua. And they have been duet-ing since they were 17 or 18 you know! But ape nak dibuat, tiada jodoh, mah. Anyways, they are so.. GOOOD. Their voices together. There's vocal chemistry. Pure chemistry.
---
Anyways, I never fail to cry when I see my grandfather. He loves it when I kiss him hello and he will harp on it and cry. Aku pula murah airmata. Habis.
How I wish I can hug him and tell him it's all right. It 's just stroke. Half-body. Tube feeding. There are others who are worse off, or nyawa-nyawa ikan or nyawa melayang terus. How I wish I can get back those times when he will sit at his patriarchial plush chair and eat things that we bring; be it fried noodles, KFC, ice-cream (he asked for air kathirah with selasih, coffee, ayam merah and ice-cream. I cried and cried when he asked. I feel so useless and helpless) and ask Grandmother for more. How I wish I can see him with his jam-bottle brown-tinted spectacles reading the papers or at the sink cutting off his white beard one hair by one hair, eyes scrunched up in concentration. How I wish I can see him walk to the nearby mosque again and wave to us at the sixth floor from downstairs. How I wish.
His smell lingered on my hands and I stroked his short white hair, his bony arm and scrimpy long fingers. That familiar and comforting grandfather-ish smell.
--
HURT by Christina Aguilera breaks my heart to pieces. Never listen to it when you're anguished and at a brink or suffering a loss. NEVER. Anyway, thank you to the people who SMSed me encouragement. I needed them! Thanks! HUGS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment