I'm sure you guys know of the American bailout financial plan worth US$700b in aid of the Wall Street crash? Oh well. I knew it.
Carnage, torture, debris, stakeout.
These are words not mentioned in gore films that you may sadistically watch. But it is what news reporters are using to describe the economy and its parts. And since the Lehmann Brothers' and AIG's collapse, I have been suddenly drawn to the Business updates and news. I think you too should be take note of this section of the world: the economy. Because without the economy, and especially Wall Street, you would not be sitting down and surfing. You would have been somewhere out there shouting for that last bag of rice. Yeah, I may sound exaggerating, but it's true.
Because, if you pay attention, the economy is worsening terribly by the day. People have likened this to the crash of 1929 (The Great Depression; I knew it, it is the period of time slightly before/during World War II when Wall Street crashed and millions in America lost their jobs and inflation was inexpressible) and some say it is worse than 1929 too. CNA has also broadcasted a documentary showing the Great Depression a few days ago. Well, it may well be on its way to worse than the Crash of '29.
I am rather scared as I follow the news everyday. I see Jennifer Alejandro's expression darkening by the day. If you hadn't notice (I knew it), inflation has set in and is increasing under your noses. It is scary that America has not recuperated since the crash of Lehmann and AIA, two of the biggies. You should be extremely worried that America has not stood up again. Today, the financial bailout plan, drafted by the Democrats and Republicans to save Wall Street and other shares from plummeting further, was rejected. Paulsson said something is going to be done. Let's hope something will. if not, I'm really scared what's gonna be in front of us.
You may argue that the Singaporean economy is rather stable, but still Wall Street is the major factor behind everything. Dow Jones and Morgan Stanley has gone down. Dow Jones especially, by 14 POINTS! May God save us. I thought with such an impressive bailout plan of US$700b, it will be accepted, quickly, to restore order at the crashing stocks everywhere. But as I watch Nathan King show the negative red labels planted on each company, I was frightened.
Youths, us, may think well, Ain is stupid to think of this kind of boring things. Aiyah, I got other better things to do, like waste my life away on surfing, outings and movies, than think of life-influencing stock market and the economy.
But let me tell you: a financial researcher said if things don't cool off, other biggies can crash and meet the same fate as Lehmann Bros and will then snowball to the smaller ones crashing and soon, everything will be total CARNAGE. He gave the situation if I'm not mistaken a time frame of 3-4 months.
Well, let me tell you, it's good (no, now it's GREAT) to know about the economy. Because, you may never know, next year, you'll not be schooling and wasting your money away at movies, outings, but fighting for that last bag of rice at the friendly mamak stall (note not supermarket).
Pray that the economy recovers and a suitable bailout can be conceived by the America statesmen quick. You may despise America or say loads of things, but in terms of economy, whether you like it or not, we depend on America one way or another and if America collapses, we follow her into the black hole.
--
Oh, btw Selamat Hari Raya everybody.
No comments:
Post a Comment