1.5.09

Have I told you I loved my job?

Have I told you guys I really love my job? Omg, I really, really, really love what I'm doing now. Seriously. I'm really, really happy with the job. How I wish I can describe to you my elation and my happiness, despite the many shortcomings and whatnots. Alas, I can't describe. I can't. It's a different kind of feeling, it's like falling in love with your job? *Tonight I celebrate my love for you...*

Despite the many setbacks I have faced whilst on the job, I appreciate every single milisecond. I embrace each and every setback with a smile on my face. Because to me, this job has given me all the happiness and satisfaction I have craved for so long since I entered the world of the media. I don't mind not being paid for the job.

Every time I enter my office at 9.30am everyday, I will heave a breath and never fail to be awestruck, though it has been 3 weeks already. I am reminded every time I enter the office, how much pain I had to go through to get to where I am today. I am amazed and feel so graciously elated. I feel energized to take on whatever that may come my way. I become a different person in the newsroom. I had switched ON.

I don't mind not having my byline (creditline) in the paper. I really don't mind. But what I do want and know is to be of service in this industry till the day my soul separates from my body. I just want to publish articles, to spread information, to make people understand, but I would love to do service journalism articles. I really do.

Some people have wrongly accused me of wanting a byline so badly. Not me. I am here for the journalism, for the service of bringing information, and not the fame or credit. I really am not so hard up for that.

I think all the fuss, trouble of going through in Year 1 and Year 2 were worth the time, seeing Year 3 is this enjoyable. As I'm writing this, I am smiling and feeling so puas. Puas, satisfied, that after 5 years of waiting, persevering and trying, enduring all the nonsense from things like production stuff which I know I will never dive into, after all that's happened and interviews and everything, I am finally here. The road has not been lined with roses exactly, the road has not been smooth-sailing all together. But for its thorns and rockiness, I appreciate the road that has brought me here.

God has granted me two gifts: the gift of writing and the gift of being able to stop and smell the roses.

I have accepted His gift of writing to me with an open and sincere heart, putting the gift to its limitless limit. My love for writing has always been a part of me as a person. I'm proud to say it has never shattered, not once.

I recently discovered that I am not like others. I do stop to smell the roses. I think that is a wonderful gift that God has given me. For that, I am thankful because not many people can. How many of you have stopped your lives just to ponder at the small pigeon beside the road? How many of you whilst in the bus, stopped to gaze at the clouds and the night sky and just think about the night sky only and God? How many of you simply whiz by the day and end up flustered and bum into bed just like that, without appreciating every single moment in the day?

OMG, I love my job. I don't think I'll ever get sick of journalism. In fact, I extremely hate it when I'm off-duty, like today. I looked at the schedule today a few times, because I miss working. So, every Monday is actually my Happy Day. No Monday Blues. Monday is actually my saviour. Monday signals a new journalism day.

I have only one wish for now: to be the best that I can be!

Have I told you I love my job? Have I?

No comments:

Post a Comment