3.8.08

Tonight I celebrate my love for you
And the midnight song is gonna come shining through
Tonight I celebrate my love for you
We will both discover how friends turn into lovers.
What I want most to do, is to get close to you
Tonight...

--

I am listening and falling in love with love songs all over again. It is starting all over again. Oh my God. I had lost faith in the institution of love, whatever you wish to call it. Since earlier this year. Was too hurt. Then of late, the wheel goes back up and I am stuck again, or melodiously stuck.

All the 'Whole New World's (unbelievable size, indescribable feeling; I'd chase them anywhere, let me share this whole new world with you), 'Tonight I Celebrate My Love's, 'Colours of the Wind's, 'Candles in the Wind's. Too much Titanics (damn that film paper) and watching Baihakki and Norfa's wedding snippets. It's all creating that romantic aura again. Abang Riza's wedding, Norfa and Bai's wedding, Titanic. Has it restored my faith in this thing called love? I don't know.

But what I know, my heart's singing again like it did last time. It is singing enchanting love songs and I am feeling like a teenager again. Like how a teenager is supposed to feel in her teenagerhood. I don't know. I don't know.

I just feel so liberated again. For the past few months, almost 8 months to be exact, I was not who I originally was. I was previously a die-hard romantic, swooning over romance novels, romantic songs, roses. Then I got hurt, then I never became quite the same again. I listened to metal, punk, things I normally don't listen to. I felt fake. But I had to heal myself. I became different. I hated romance, severely.

Then now, well, it's a totally different story. A different story.

--

Well, last night I dreamt that I became a medical doctor. I was helping and going out of my way to this sickly, old woman. I was shouting for more assistance and I was desperately seeking transport to transfer this woman to another hospital.

Anyways, my childhood dream was to be a doctor. A paediatrician or an obstetrics-gynaecologist. But, too bad, I wasn't really academically inclined and well, here I am in the world of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment