7.4.08

Hmm, what happened since my last update? Hmm, oyes. CCN photo video. Well, I'm sort of in the team now. I thought it would look good in my CV so yeah. LOLs. And frankly, my stigma of softwares just busted itself. I thought MemoriesOnTV (MOTV) was going to be a difficult software like Photoshop, Illustrator (seeing that i am a writing and right-brainer kind of person and not to forget, a technology-hater).

But I figured that learning a software, you should not take down what steps to take while learning. That can be done later. When someone is teaching, you just observe and absorb it like a heeyuge sponge. As a result, I'm more adept at InDesign using that technique, than in Illustrator and Photoshop where I was jotting down notes like crazy. It pays not to be a nerd so much. So MOTV really was easy to manipulate once you get the hang of it. Gosh. I love MOTV.

So yesterday, Saturday 5th April, I went to the Irsyad Hi-Tea. Taufik was a guest performer. Right at the end of the event. Cikgu asked me along since she had nobody else to go with. So I wore my black jubah and went with her (she had AEROBICS earlier so, I decided to kacau her and torment her with laughing at that). So throughout the whole event, she and I talked about our fitness and nutrition. At last, someone who wants to talk about this. We talked about calories, exercise, cardio, toning, how sinful Long John KFC and McD are.

Ok, back to the high tea. Ustaz (religious teacher) AA Gym was the guest speaker. And Cikgu was like telling me, a lot of females that are here are his hardcore fans. So I'm like what? Even ustazs have fans? These makciks and neneks macam takde kerja ke (nothing to do ah?)?

So, I knew a thing or two about that ustaz because of him marrying two women through Berita Harian. My mum also has talked about him. So I was thinking, what was so good about this handsome, in his thirties', ustaz that has managed to captivate so many hyper, menopausal 50-year olds? I was raring to hear what he has to say.

Oyes, people call him Ustaz KH Abdullah Gymnastiar (Ustaz Kiyai Haji Abdullah Geem-nars-tee-yaar). In short, Ustaz AA Gym (Ah-Geem). ANd so lies my fascination in his name. For an Indonesian, his name is so unique. He is utterly well-known in Singapore and Indonesia. Which I was going to find out later. I was a skeptic when I entered the function room, and I came out a FANatic.

He uses simple language that us laymen can understand. He uses anecdotes that are really cool and interetsing and not to mention from the Quran.

Here are his 5 tips on how to handle a problem in life, before and after it happens. And I think its really ingenius and straight to the point and simple! How could I have overlooked such simple yet effective methods? Cikgu said he was a specialist in matters of the soul, heart and your inside.

1) Persiapkan diri untuk hadapi masalah (Prepare yourself beforehand)
2) Redha jika ia sudah terjadi (Accept it when it happens sincerely)
3) Jangan mempersulitkan dengan pemikiran (Don't complicate matters with your thoughts)
4) Evaluasi, muhasabah diri (self-evaluation)
5) Allah sebagai penolong yang terunggul mana-mana (God is the only one you should seek help from)

And so, as he spoke, I was almost drawn to tears and he made me realise millions of things. I felt that his ceramah was like a slap to my face because it really reminded me of how beautiful life is actually and it is I who have spoilt it for myself.

A really old man was planting a date tree. An authoritative person (khalifah) asked him why he was planting it since he may not be able to enjoy the fruits. He looked at the khalifah and said, "The fruits we are eating now, are from the efforts of our ancestors! Why shouldn't we do the same, for the future generations?" The khalifah kept quiet. he asked for 1000 dinars and gave it to the old man as a gesture of thanks. The old man said "Belum ku tanam sudah berbuah pun!" LOLs. He ahs not even sown the plant but it had already started bearing fruit for him (money).

We must redha when the problem comes. Accept it. Because the people whom God tests a lot are the people who are lucky. There is always hikmah to what has happened. A man was bitten by a dog. He went to a hospital. However, at the hospital, he found his ladylove (jodoh). So, tehre is something good, ALWAYS, despite anything bad that has happened.

Most of the time, it is our thoughts that blow our problems to radical proportions. If you encounter a problem, stop thinking about that problem first. Clear your mind.

One must always self-evaluate. A pickpocket has taken your wallet. You may start kicking up a fuss and complaining (singaporeans....) and whatnot. But maybe it is God's sign that you have not been donating to the needy as often. Or maybe, you had placed your wallet in such an obvious and vulnerable position. It is God's simple way of reminding you.

Women always look at mirrors, never fail to stop. In the toilet, at dressing table, in the hallway, entering the car, the view mirror, compact mirror at traffic light. But have they seen the sins they have committed with their eyes by looking at the mirrors? Dosa mata? A sthey apply eyeshadow, did they see their dosa mata? As they put on lipstick, did they think of what their dosa mulut, all the hurtful words?

Allah (sorry to non-muslim readers may ignore this section though) adalah kuasa yang terunggul, yang terbijaksana. So kadang-kadang, why don't we ask him for His help? We find help with humans, his supremely weak creation. Why don't we all go straight to the Big Guy Upstairs? Why do we hesitate to go to Him when it's obviosu who is the more powerful one right/ Why? Sometimes, we just get caught up too much and forget. As what Ustaz AA Gym said, laporkanlah pada Dia. Jika awak seorang isteri dan tak tahu suami ke mana, solatlah dan berdoalah pada Dia. Report all your troubles to the Big Boss. Dia maha Mendengar. Report anything to him.

My entry's too long. But what i know is, I can't blame the aunties for loving this Ustaz AA Gym. he is really the best i ahve ever listened to. He captures the audience simply. Many anecdotes. Many laughters. Each a renewed eprson after listening to him. I am happy, proud even, to say that I am a fan of AA Gymnastiar now. Love him to bits! He has opened my eyes, and my heart to God again.

Ok. I am so so so hooked on Siti Nurhaliza's Melawan Kesepian now. Before I end, here are the lyrics. So freaking meaningful lah.. I almost cried when I first heard it. It's so motivating, like Ustaz AA Gym.

Apa pun yang terjadi
Berjalanlah tanpa henti
Airmata tertahan
Waktu untuk dijatuhkan
Nanti kita kan tahu
betapa bijaknya hidup
Sepahit apa pun ini
Pelajaran yang bererti

Semoga kepergianmu
tak akan merubah apa pun
Semoga mampu ku lawan kesepianku
-Melawan Kespian, Dato' Siti Nurhaliza.

No comments:

Post a Comment