13.4.08

Okie! Just now got back from Xinying's party. Alvin (her BF) is so so so freaking sweet!!!! I would kill to have a BF like that! LOLs. Her whole family was there too. So we went there with Ying Hui, Ying Chee, Audrey, Geok Teng, besides me, Syahirah and Hannah. So, the old girls were back!! I felt that it was supremely awkward? but otherwise I think it turned out pretty okay. Snapped loads of photos. Will be up at Multiply soon!

But niwaes, talking about killing, Hannibal made me sick. I was thinking like, how sick Hannibal can be? Just a charming old man with violent tendencies? Nah. That could not be so bad. But, when I think around 12.15 appeared, (the show started at 10pm) I screamed (screeched to myself more likely, everybody was sleeping and I didn't want to get scolded and killed for nothing)! Guess what he did? It is so fricking sick that I think I was extremely pale until at the end of the movie. GUESS!!!

(WARNING: The parts further may not be suitable for those with weak stomachs)

My dad basically flipped when he saw the trailer for this movie. Each trailer made him go into a perfect personal recount of the movie. He watched the first Hannibal when he was around 26. A good 2 decades ago. So, me being the prospective Film Theory and Critique student, was enticed badly to watch the show. I wanted to see how violent and garish it was. And heck, I got my wish after 2 hours of watching. The first 2 hours were loads of talking, no gore, no violent Hannibal Lecter. And what the heck was MDA thinking when it labelled this movie PG? It should be at least M18!! Or at worst, NC 16!

So, the real gore and action-packed scenes were at the final 30 mins. Dr Hannibal Lecter, I must say, is a refined and cultured man. Godsakes, he is a professional psychiatrist. And Anthony Hopkins is like the cutest-hawt elderly actor I have ever seen. Ok, so he saved Agent Clarice Starling from the wild boars. My heart applauded his chivalry. I think he and Clarice are like partners or something. She let him escape teh FBI. So here's the gore.

(Warning again: do not proceed if you can't take things like blood and knives)

Dr Lecter was threatening Clarice with this guy in a chair. His head was already cut in half circumferentially. Little did we know. So when he took out this evil scalpel, my heart was already in my mouth. My hands were actually trembling, with fear, and it was quite bad too. This was worse than Ju-On.

When he plunged the knife into the skin, I almost screamed. I managed to utter OMYGOD like a few times. He lifted the top part of the guy's skull like as though he was taking off a cap. I'm staring wide-eyed at the TV, simply at a loss for words at how disgusting, how violent, how much gore it contained. I think I have been scarred for life. OMYGOD. I was still trembling when I switched on my computer. I still am.

He said that the brain (oh hell yes, the brain was UTTERLY DISGUSTING!!) was numb because he had drugged that guy. SO, Julianne Moore, of Nine Months' fame, (Agent Starling) was begging him and crying that she'll do anything if he could just stop gore-ing around. The guy was like drooling and bleeding but he was mumbling and even waving to Clarice. Hannibal lifted up and pulled the thick, fibrous membrane protecting the brain to the back. At that point, I hid behind my pillow and willing myself not to puke. Please Ain, don't puke. These things, the more gorey or scary, they make you so mesmerised and make you wanna look more. You know what I mean right? My hands were beyond trembling I tell you. My first gore movie.

Then in a scuffle with Starling, she cuffed him to her. SO he took the freaking-huge chopper and said, "would you rather I chop above or below your wrist?". I almost screamed. Then, next shot, he brought the chopper down hard and the camera showed Moore's face screaming. But at the end, I saw Moore had both her hands. He did not chop. I swear, i staying away from chicken chop from now on.

And have I told you that earlier, he had killed an Inspector Pazzi, who ignored Agent Starling's warnings. That was the start of my horrors. He strapped Pazzi to an elevatable board. He raised the board. They were I think at the fifth storey of a museum. Then, he took out that scalpel, a meaner-looking one FYI, and slashed Pazzi's stomach real deep. So, what is in your abdomen may I ask? Yeps, all 20 metres of it came tumbling out and reached the bottom pavement before Pazzi did. WTH!!! Hannibal had tied a noose at his neck and as it reached the bottomest point it recoiled and Pazzi's body became like, bungee harness? How SICK ISSAT???

No comments:

Post a Comment