300th POST!! WOOT!
Ok, today is such an unexpected day. I woke up feeling super scared about a lot of things.
1) Why I could wake up easily and not feel moody
2) Radio written assignment
3) Boring Multicam lecture
4) Radio tutorial, and the humiliation I felt every lesson.
5) my multicam proposal
6) my radio promo
Don't you males wonder how we females are able to think so much first thing in the morning? The first thoughts I woke up to are listed, add another 5 more nonsense.
1) As I was blow-drying my hair, I was smiling and singing Dhoom Again and grooving to Crazy Kia Re (ok, try not to imagine; it's hard to imagine a CHUBBY person doing those if you watch the videos kekeke)
2) I was proud of my written radio coz it looked very neat and professional, with a super nice cover page.
However, radio and multicam turned out to be entertaining. especially radio tutorial. You know, as I type this, I realise miracles do happen. I realise wishes are granted instantaneously.
--
Before the lesson started, I went home first to return library books and buy food. After I rested at home, I made my way again to school. My heart was full of total dread to radio tut. I dragged my feet to school. I reminisced about the past tutorials and recollected how sad and disappointed I was, and how a failure I was at the Master Control. I recalled how Mr Guo was pissed and looked at me like he was so so angry at me. Same look for two weeks straight. I tried my best every single attempt but it seemed it wasnt the best.
So today, I mustered all my courage as I entered the Radio Broadcast suite. I was praying hard. I sat down and stiffly took out my assignment and walked forward and asked Mr Guo whether I should hand it up then. He asked me to wait. I did not look at his face. I sat down and diverted my attention to Priscilla. My thoughts were whirring madly, as I anticipated further action. I think Daph and Pris could have heard my mind whirring madly like a berserk fan. I guess I cannot take failure easily. I never wanted to let Mr Guo down since he was such a fantastic tutor to have.
So, the words came finally: "Ok, can all of you go to the front so I can show you blabla.." I gathered two pkts of tissue (I had at least 10 in my bag) and whisked off my pink notebook and blue inky Popular pen into my clutches. As I stood up, I gathered all my wits and strength and read the Basmalah as faithfully and sincerely as I could. I pleaded with Him to help me understand today's lesson.
As I observed what Mr Guo did and the rest and took notes, I somehow got the gist of it. I felt a little better. And suddenly, I stepped on Daph's shoe. I apologised and laughed with her. Suddenly, Mr Guo looked at me and demanded my notebook. My smile was wiped off and I broke in cold sweat. He looked at my notes and scanned through, all the while sitting down on his rotund revolving chair. He smiled and smirked, in a good way I guess. And gave me this, I think, the look that says your-notes-good-but-why-aren't-you-performing-in-class?
After at least 3 groups, I went. My hands were trembling like mad. But I tried my ebst to compose myself and switched the modes on the Master Control. I recorded, THRICE, Daphne's voice. But I did it. With some pinpoints from Mr Guo. And finally, I did not see a grimace or a look of anger on his face.
Finally, I saw Mr Guo smiling and laughing and said 'Yeah! That's ok. That's all'. That was all I needed to assure me everything was gonna be ok. That was what I had needed all this while.
And yeah, thanks for the Squirty. Yeah. I call Mr Guo's Dettol squirty Squirty. He squeezed some onto my hands coz I am diseased. LOL.
Terima kasih juga kepada guruku itu kerana mangambil berat mengenai tahap kesihatanku yang semakin hari tidak kian sembuh langsung. Aku tersentuh dengan perasaan 'concern' yang kau tunjukkan padaku.
That last section during tutorial where you praised the whole class for being much much better than the other classes, and when I retorted "Even me?" and you said "yeah" and nodded was all I ever needed to boost my low morale. Please praise more? LOL. I need a dose of praise to help me survive Semester 2.2 H(ell)
And they say the pen is mightier than the sword? Here, I must say, words said are mightier than the pen.
--
BOUGHT NEW SHOES! PEEP TOE PUMPS. O..M..G. I LOVVVVVVE THEM. MY Second Baby. First is my lappy!
No comments:
Post a Comment