27.11.08

The more I work with them, the more I feel I do not know them at all. Never mind Ain, it's just 11 weeks more to SIP (student internship programme) and no more dumb production stuff. It's just not me. This year I simply lost my touch in CMM. So production-y. Why can't they just provide the journalism option in year 1? So I do not waste 1 year of my life doing stuff I confirm not even be doing at all (except for radio though).

(Random Thought: NP Iana! It's my pleasure!)

---

I am just so fed-up. I feel like the others just are so much better than me. Oh wait, OF COURSE THEY ARE. OH BTW!!! This week's CCC lecture was.. BOLLYWOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I'M LIKE O...M....G... I WAS SO HIGH AND HAPPY! IT'S LIKE MY DREAM LECTURE!!! Mr Ramesh had the researcher who wrote our BMR Media Literacy paper, Prof David J. Schaefer (OMG, I actually remember his full name!). He was also SUPER-interested in Bollywood. Imagine during lecture we talk about films like Krrish, Dhoom, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham? OMG. I am still smiling from Tuesday. HAHHAHAA.. OMG. And then I couldn't stop Hindustan-ing. OMG. Prof Schaefer also gave like a totally different perspective about Bollywood, which I didn't really think about, like the cultural impacts. SUPER COOL STUFF I TELL YOU.

But one thing is that I think those who came for the lecture, did not appreciate and respect the films. They just kept laughing even at points where you're not really supposed to laugh (like a serious scene). Teenagers.. They just don't give a damn about anything serious. They just think of gaming, wasting money. Not cultural stuff. Whatever.

Bollywood cinema may be exaggerated but it is this exact exaggeration that allows Bollywood to garner so much respect, admiration and increasing fanbase. Bollywood actors and actresses double up as professional dancers. Can Hollywood or Chinese films do that? NOPE. And they usually do not want to travel to Hollywood because Hollywood does not even have any effect on their careers. Like a drop of water in the ocean. Did you guys know that? The Bollywood fanbase spans from Japan to Singapore to Europe?

---

Woohoo! I'm going to Perak this coming holiday! Oh yes, I'm gonna cut my luscious locks (ok, no actually broom hair: my shoulder-length is so freaking straight. I don't need no rebonding).

Ok. Bye Bye. BOLLYWOOD ROCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment