You know, we here in Singapore, we rant. Yeah, me included. We rant about bitching, we bitch, we rant about projects and assignments. And when I reflected just now, I realised how effing selfish and self-centred we are (including me yes). We just rant and complain, but we fail to see the rest of the world, and how lucky we are to be happily nourished (yes me, shut up), happily going to work, school, meeting up with freinds, going on holidays (shit, me again), etcetera.
*ZOMG, WHY IS MY LAPTOP KEYBOARD AND TOUCHPAD SO CRANKY OF LATE??*
Ok, sorry. I can't help it! Ok, BTS.
We fail to see how the people at the Gaza Strip are suffering every minute. Just to get that last scrap of food, or get that place in a hospital. The Israelites have bombed even hospitals. Their leader also said that now was not the time to stop fighting. Where has he left his humanity and humaneness? And who said Israel was all good and help develop and all that nonsense, when he himself is destroying his own Arabic friends?
This reminded me of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs that we study in Business. Fulfilling needs. The people in the Gaza Strip are fighting to survive, have basic safety and physiological needs, while we here are wondering why our laptops are cranky, why our boyfriends are non-existent or why assignments can be such a bitch. We are selfish, man. Selfish and reckless, where we stoop very low to push others down and we succeed. Selfish. I hope we all can just freaking stop a moment and think. Think of all the suffering of others in the world, who just want to survive another day or who is fighting to preserve his/her family from being blasted to shreds.
I just got this SMS to pray and doa because Masjidil Aqsa is being surrounded by the Israelite soldiers. I know some of you may be Christians, Buddhists, freethinkers, but just think about the humanitarian issue at stake here. Is the Israelites showing at least a teensy bit of humanity? I DON'T THINK SO. Despite UN warnings of humanitarian (which looks half-hearted) issues, Israel is entering a second week into war. Why? Why? Frankly, I will not be surprised if there is retaliation from Hamas or even from the rest of the countries surrounding the Strip.
-
Ya Tuhan, for that crying father who has just lost his family, for the mother who is holding her dead baby, for the child who is sitting beside her parents' still bodies, for the sobbing infant cradled in his mother's limp arms, please help stop all this nonsense. Please restore peace to the area. Please slap sense into the Israeli leaders like how you gave sense to the previously non-believers of Islam. Ya Allah, only You will be able to stop this nonsense.
No comments:
Post a Comment